Developments this month...
- Her vocabulary seems to be expanding everyday! She says: mama, dada, Emily, Mimi, Kyle, Mallory, Landon, Tucker, ball, bubble, baby, cookie, cracker, cupcake, uh oh, what's that, wow, bye-bye, done, tickle-tickle, down, bad-bad, good girl, papa, Sam, purse, noodle, one, row-row, no-no, yes
- We continue to work on her animal sounds and she makes sounds for dog, monkey, elephant, bear, snake, cow, alligator (chomping motion), kitty cat, bee, roster
- She can point to many of her body parts....hair, head, ears, eyes, nose, tongue, armpit (which comes with a 'spi-spi' sound affect like she is putting deodorant on), belly button, knees, toes, chin, cheeks
- Favorite songs these days are 'Row, Row Your Boat', 'Wheels on the Bus' and 'If You're Happy and You Know It'. John has probably done 'Row, Row Your Boat' a million times with her and she starts asking for it again before you can even finish the song.
- She gives commands to Emily...raises one hand and says 'down' and then its usually followed by 'bad-bad'. Ha! We are working on saying 'good girl' once Emily lays down but she isn't picking that up as quickly as she did 'bad-bad'...funny?!
- She still loves her purse and Bitty Baby and is now attempting to change the baby's diaper along with feeding and walking it.
- She has started to show interest in coloring more but that might just be because she likes eating the crayons...gotta watch her closely when the crayons come out -- we've learned the hard way!