Monday, September 9, 2013

Mom's Morning Out

Wednesday, September 4th marked a big day for us in the Dougherty House.  Addison went to her first day of Mom's Morning Out.  This is the first time Addison has been away from Mom and Dad and not with a member of our extended family.  Hard to believe this is a first and she is approaching the 2 year mark, but we are so lucky to have wonderful family that will drop everything to babysit our baby girl.

So now every Wednesday she gets to go play and learn for 3 hours and Mommy gets to go a play and do important adult stuff sans toddler.  Everyone's first question, what did you do while she was there...my answer -- GROCERY SHOP!  I know exciting stuff but being able to slowly walk up and down the aisles at Walmart and not have to worry about what she is grabbing off the shelf or running out of fruit snacks to keep her quite while shopping was very enjoyable.  I also went to the post office, picked-up a baby gift, donated some clothes and checked the clock about 1,000 times to see if it was time to pick her up yet :)

Of course, I captured a few first day photos. 








This is the best I could do to get a picture of her in front of her cubby.  She was very excited she got to take her 'packie' (aka back pack) and I had to do some real convincing to get her to take it off and hang it up.



When it was time to go into the classroom she was actually the first one to walk through the door...totally not what I expected from my shy little girl.  But she did and walked right over to the kitchen and doll area where she played when we met the teacher the first time.  I snapped this pic quickly before I ran out of the room without saying good bye to her. 

We don't know our friends at MMO that well yet,
so I blurred faces.


Seems the no good bye didn't phase her because at pick-up she saw me through the window and stayed seated on the circle rug until it was time to leave. All in all -- first day was great for Addison and Mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment