Developments this month...
- She is a regular chatter box now around us, still shy in front of strangers but then again almost always does her rendition of Happy Birthday while cruising through Walmart....favorites phrases this month -- "Hog Soogie" / "Bless You" / "Excuse Me" / "All Better"
- She has 16 teeth
- She is wearing a size 4 diaper
- She is wearing mostly 24M and 2T clothing
- Her favorite books...'Tubby Time'
- She can count to 6
- She sings her ABCs and has made good progress this month...I got her on video saying "ABCD...LMNOP...QRSTU...WX...Z" - her little voice gets softer and softer the farther she goes into the alphabet
- She is STILL well on her way to being potty trained, no major set-backs but no major break-thrus either. She is wearing big girl pants all day long (except at MMO) and wears diapers at nap and at night. She only has the very rare accident, mostly when she is outside having too much fun to remember not to tinkle in her panties.
- She has been on a puzzle kick here recently and has beyond mastered the ones we have, I think she is doing them with her eyes shut now :)
- She also loves a good tent (thanks Peep)...our kitchen chairs have found new homes in the family room with blankets over them
- She started Mother's Morning Out this month and her 23 Month 'Birthday' marked her second timing going and she seems to really enjoy herself...I can't get her to talk to me about what they do but apparently she likes it?! :)
- She is now a blond! Ha. Her hair has gotten so light this summer from the sun.
- She has mastered the art of swimming with floaties and now likes to 'swim by self'...I'll have to admit it does make pool-time a little more enjoyable/relaxing knowing she has the extra safety of floaties.
- She likes to pretend she is animals from time to time now; butterfly, frog and rabbit are typically her animals of choice.
Someone asked me last week how old she was and I was a little taken back when I could say "She will be 2 next month" -- WHERE DID THE YEAR GO!