Monday, January 7, 2013

Malaney Sandwich Challenge

The 2nd Annual Malaney Food Challenge...Battle Sandwich!

On Saturday the 22nd we had our family food challenge and as the defending champion I felt pressure to really make something spectacular.  I had a couple of different options up my sleeve but settled on a pressed cuban sandwich for my entry.  I slow roasted the pork myself and then built the sandwiches with honey ham, swiss cheese, yellow mustard and thinly sliced dill pickles on a hardy sub bun.

Pressed Cuban
Created by Mara & John

Adult Grill Cheese
(sharp white cheddar and bacon)
Created by Mallory


Monster Munster & Mortadella Sub
(munster cheese, mortadella, mayo, lettuce, tomato)
Created by Mary Jo & Pete

The Cleveland
(cornbeef with coleslaw and french fries)
Created by Abbey & Kyle

Devine Swine
(ham, pork, cheese)
Created by Anne & Ryan



The winner --  The Monster  Munster & Mortadella Sub!  And just for the record, the Pressed Cuban came in second...

We are already trying to decide what next years them will be!?!  My vote -- Battle Meatball!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment