|Note to self...don't put her in a dress next time!|
Developments this month...
- She is drinking 12 to 16 oz of milk a day -- its about a 70/30 mixture of vitamin D milk and vanilla soy milk because she wasn't a big fan of the transition to milk and I think the sweetness of the soy milk has helped.
- She is eating 3 meals a day and 1 good snack after her nap but her snack cup of goldfish, veggie straws, or whatever is always around and always needing a refill -- she is a snacker. Her favorite food is still anything with cheese but just recently we have gotten her to really try more things and has actually regularly started consuming meat at lunch and dinner.
- She is taking just 1 nap a day but it can range anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. She gets up around 8:30 each morning and is down for the night between 9 and 9:30.
- She is still wearing a size 3 diaper and is quickly outgrowing the last of her 12M clothes and most days is in 18M.
- She is 'talking' a lot...some words we can understand but lately just grunts and pointing until we understand what she is asking for. She says: mama, dada, Emily, Mimi, Kyle, Mallory, Landon, Tucker, ball, bubble, baby, cookie, cracker, cupcake, uh oh, what's that, wow, bye-bye, done, tickle-tickle
- She is a tickle monster and will do tickle motions with her hands and say 'tickle-tickle'
- She is working on her animal sounds and makes sounds for dog, monkey, elephant, bear, snake, cow, alligator (chomping motion), kitty cat
- She can point to many of her body parts....hair, head, ears, eyes, nose, tongue, armpit (which comes with a 'spi-spi' sound affect like she is putting deodorant on), belly button, knees and toes
- She can do the hand motions for Itsy Bitsy Spider
- She holds up one finger if you ask her how old she is
- She still LOVES bath time and is a big helper post-bath and asks for 'spi-spi' and helps rub in her lotion
- She learned to open the cabinet doors and drawers while we were in Michigan for Christmas so she is continuing to show us were we need to baby-proof the house. She brought me the toaster the other day while I was in the living room...we've since locked down all the cabinets in the kitchen.
- She goes to a Gymboree class at the gym once a week and does really well despite being the youngest kid. She likes all the games and songs except for when the parachute comes out, she goes into the corner and starts to cry -- never fails.
- She loves playing with her baby dolls...feeding them (with num-num sound effect), pushing them in the stroller/shopping cart, hugging and kissing on them, etc.
- She also loves playing with her purse and wallet. Her purse has a mirror, comb, bracelets, keys and a fake phone in it. Her wallet is one of my old ones that we just put empty gift cards in so she would stop taking apart our wallets. She just takes all the stuff out, 'organizes' it and puts it back it and then carries them around with her.
- She loves to dance...to the TV, to the songs her toys make, to the phone...she shakes her little butty!
- She went on her first airplane ride this month and was a real trooper in the O'Hare airport despite our delays.
- She went to her first Razorback Basketball game this month and I think she might become a super fan!