Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Randoms

We had a pretty uneventful weekend here at the Dougherty house.  I'm not complaining at all, just saying there isn't much that is blog worthy...

Saturday evening (out of sheer boredom I think) we decided to venture out for dinner.  We decided on Red Robin (even more random, I know) and it ended up being the perfect place -- there was no wait and it was louder then all get out so Addison looked like a little angle playing contently with the few toys we brought for her.  We brought her little chair with us too so she was a happy little camper sitting at the end of the table playing and looking at everything that was going on around us.



We've moved on from the rice cereal and are now trying oatmeal with bananas and banana yogurt.  The banana yogurt is hands down the winner.  She licks her lips, looking to get every last bit.


This morning, Addison and I ran out quickly and hit up a local consignment sale.  Its a huge one in the area that happens 2 or 3 times a year.  Anyways, the last thing my daughter needs is probably more clothes but whatever that didn't stop us.  We found a couple of really great deals...I got her some baby Gap skinny jeans and black and white dress for this fall, a Maggie and Zoe sundress that still had the tags on it and a swim suit and cover-up.  There was sooooooooooooooo much stuff and lots of it was good brands and looked to be in good shape still.  For as few times as I know Addison has worn some of her things, I don't mind buying some things second hand.  Its probably the only way she is going to get Gap skinny jeans -- cause this mama isn't paying full price :)

And lastly and possibly the most random...
Emily has been spending a lot more time inside these days then she ever has.  Her favorite hiding spot has been in the master bath toilet room.  Well this morning I shut that door and the next time I went into the bathroom this is what I found!?!  She is laying in our shower -- I think she is trying to send us a message... "PLEASE GIVE ME A BATH JOHN, I SMELL!"

2 comments:

  1. Auntie Mallory will buy you all the Gap skinny jeans you want when I get my discount:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banana yogurt smells so good I have to admit I'm tempted to try it...and I'm sure I will soon....who do I think I'm fooling!

    ReplyDelete