Friday, April 13, 2012

Chocolate Malt Cupcake

John needed to bring a sweet treat into the office again last week, so it was a perfect excuse for me to make a mess in the kitchen.  I've been playing with this chocolate malt cupcake since my sister got married almost 2 years ago.   I've made them about a half dozen times but I've never had a recipe to share because I've always just made the frosting to taste, so it ends up being a pinch of this a dash of that.  I made sure to actually measure things this time...so here ya go... 


Chocolate Malt Buttercream Recipe
2 sticks butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup to 1 cup malt powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of milk
5 to 7 cups confectioners sugar

I like it REALLY malty so I used a full cup of malt powder but you can adjust based on what you like.

The chocolate cupcake is just a standard cupcake, you can use a box (I usually like to use devil's food cake) or make one from scratch.  This time I used a chocolate cake recipe from the Taste of Home cookbook.

And of course, top it with a malted milk ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment