Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday John!

Yesterday was John's 35th Birthday!  Addison and I tried to  make the day really special for our hard working daddy...Addison even woke up early (about an hour) so she could see her daddy and wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY before he left for work. 



We worked feverishly in the kitchen yesterday to make him a wonderful home cooked meal -- pork chops, home made apple sauce and scalloped potatoes for dinner and a chocolate chip swirl cake for dessert.  We had a very productive day and were on target to welcome daddy home with a bang!  John texted he was on his way home and I thought to myself "we might just pull this off..." Addison was fed and I had changed her into a little onesie with a daddy saying on it, the grill was preheating, potatoes in the oven, cake frosted...we were sitting pretty.  And then this happened...


So instead of a cute little girl welcoming her daddy home in a "Daddy's Little Cupcake" shirt, John was welcomed home by this...a naked little Addison sitting in her bumbo helping mommy finish dinner. Still pretty cute, I have to admit!



The birthday boy and his baby girl!

Addison sat with us as we enjoyed our pork chops,
just dreaming of the day she gets to try some real food.

And she was a big help when it came to opening gifts!
The big winner last night was the chocolate chip swirl cake -- made from scratch because John always gives me a hard time when I make a cake from a box.  I think it was the only thing that he actually said I should make again...

We took a walk around the neighborhood before eating cake...
so the extra calories were OK!?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mara it was a great day because of you and Addison. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I'm trying not to laugh in class but that little smirk on that naky baby is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete