Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkins!

Unfortunately, we were not able to make schedules work to do pumpkin carving with Uncle Chris, Cousin Landon and Papa Doc like we have in years past.  No worries...Mom to the rescue!  I had big plans to create a masterpiece with and for my toddler.  Or so I thought...

With my trusty sidekick we got to work on the kitchen floor...



 
Addison quickly lost interest in cleaning out the pumpkin, so Dad jumped in and helped her decorate her small pumpkin with stickers.
 



After I finished cleaning out the pumpkin, I told Addison I was going to cut Elmo's face out of the pumpkin.  No sooner did I explain what I was doing and she was back in the kitchen with the scissors from her hair salon set.  She wanted to help!


Maybe I should have let her do it, she might have had more luck.  I quickly realized I had bitten off more than I could handle and my Elmo needed some help!  Before all was said and done, Elmo's entire face collapsed into the pumpkin.  Addison brought me a band aid because I told her Elmo had a booboo...ha!  I think Addison was on to something, so I turned Elmo into Mummy Elmo.

 

 
The finished masterpieces!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a great helper you have now! Can't wait to see Addie help her cousin Claire when their new friend Henry arrives!! Love you Addie!

    ReplyDelete