Friday, April 19, 2013

Puppy Love

If you ask anyone that knew me 10 years ago if I was a dog person, the answer would be a resounding NO.  I didn't grow up with any pets (I guess there was Herman the goldfish but he only lasted a week or so) and I actually had an irrational fear of dogs until I was...well way to old to still be afraid of them. 

Fast forward 10 years and I am an adopted mother to a long haired/stinky/lovable golden retriever, baking puppy cakes and hosting dog parties.  What happened?!

First, Emily -- the dog that started it all.


Second, the puppy cake...I heard back from my client and Eli LOVED, LOVED, LOVED his puppy cake.


Third, the dog party.  Really, I just like any excuse to invite the family over and cook a nice meal and bake a little something sweet.  And this week Kenai turned 4, so it was a perfect excuse. 

Emily - Left (John's Dog)
Kasey - Center (John's Dad's Dog)
Kenai - Right (John's Brother's Dog)

I baked a carrot and peanut butter cake for the dogs and dog bone shaped sugar cookies for the humans.  Everyone was happy...





And because no post to this blog is complete without a picture of my princess...
"cheez"
To bad she has food in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment