Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a wonderful Easter yesterday!  Little Sleeping Beauty wasn't too happy that we woke her up early for mass, but she eventually came around and took her 'pssss' full of mini books and yogurt covered raisins and off to church we went.  She is wearing a dress my Grandma smocked for my sister Abbey!  I LOVE that we have these dresses to pass down...



We went to the early mass so we were home by 9:30 and I was in the kitchen preparing breakfast/brunch for family and friends.  John was in charge of Addison and they opened Easter baskets, sampled ALL the candy, searched for easter eggs and played with bubbles.  Ms Addison skipped breakfast and by the time we sat down for brunch had consumed countless jellybeans, a handful of sixlets, half of a peanut butter egg, a marshmallow, 2 crackers and that's just what I know about?!  :)













Brunch was tasty...I made bacon quiche, spinach and mushroom quiche, candied bacon, smoked salmon toasts and we had fruit and yummy fruit dip that Lindsay made.  We had mimosas and bloody mary's and of course yummy sugar cookies for dessert.  And the only picture I managed to snap was of sugar cookies!?  Oh well...


After everyone left, we all took naps!  I told John I wasn't sure if I had fallen asleep for 20 minutes or 2 days but it was an amazing nap...ha.

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment