Sunday, March 10, 2013

"Potty"

WARNING:  The word "POTTY" is used about 107 times in this post....sorry!

I will be the first to admit that the purchase of the pint-size potty was a bit premature on my part, after all my baby girl is just reaching the 17 month mark.  But I couldn't resist a good deal...when I saw 2 potties for $5 each at the Walmart Associate Store, I knew I had to have them!  I would have been kicking myself 3 months down the road if I had to pay $10+ a piece for them at the actual store.

So here we are with our nice new pint-sized potties, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs.

 

John and I both agreed we were in no rush to get on the potty training bandwagon.  But we have started talking about going 'potty' and each night before bath Addison sits on her potty while the bathtub fills up.



Sunday evening Addison started saying 'potty', which she had been doing occasionally so no big deal, right?!  Then she started heading towards the half-bath on the first floor.  So I took a chance and quickly pulled off her diaper and wouldn't you know it after a little wiggling around, she went potty!  She was promptly rewarded with 2 fruit snacks.


 

Of course, first thing I think is 'my child is a genius'...but I already knew that, ha!  In my proud mommy head I start thinking all these crazy/wonderful thoughts about how quickly this whole potty training thing might be.  So bath time rolls around later that night and I think I'm going to put Addison on the potty and she is going to amaze me by going again...guess again!  After several minutes on the potty and a lot of wiggling, I place her in the tub and she immediately goes potty in the tub.

So maybe she isn't a genius...or maybe she just isn't ready for potty training.  Fine by me, because mommy isn't ready yet either!

1 comment: