Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 2011

I can't help but find myself thinking back to last year at this time...366 days ago (thank you leap year) what was I doing?!  We had such an incredibly crazy, amazing, busy, wonderful October 2011!  So as excited as I am for October 2012 I can't help but think back to each day last year.  We were truly living day by day never knowing when we were going to get to meet our precious little Addison.

  • October 2, 2011 -- Mimi and Peep Malaney drove down to AR from MI to be here when Addison was born.
  • October 3, 2011 -- We signed on the dotted line and moved into our new house.
  • October 4, 2011 -- Addison's due date!  I went to work...
  • October 5, 2011 -- We had a doctor's appointment and my doctor said she thought I'd have the baby by the end of the week but offered to induce me on Friday if I wanted.  I decided I had enough with work and started my maternity leave after work on the 5th.
  • October 9, 2011 -- Peep flew back to MI because he needed to work and Miss Addison still hadn't made her grand entrance.
  • October 10, 2011 -- I went to lunch with my mom.  We had a doctor's appointment at 2 o'clock and did a non-stress test and a quick ultrasound.  By 3:30 I was sitting in a hospital bed...and we waited....
  • October 11, 2011 -- At 7:30pm Miss Addison Marie Dougherty was born!
  • October 13, 2011 -- We brought Addison home from the hospital.
  • October 14, 2011 -- All the Aunties, Claire-Bear and Peep made the trip down to AR to meet Addison.  Addison also got to meet her Grandpa Doc.
  • October 17, 2011 -- Addison had her first follow-up doctor's appointment.
  • October 24, 2011 -- John went back to work...and I cried.
What a whirl-wind...it was GREAT!  And now October 2012 is basically a month long celebration of Miss Addison turning ONE!!!! 

(...I can't believe I have a 1 year old...)

No comments:

Post a Comment