Thursday, October 11, 2012

Addison's 1st Birthday

TEN -- ELEVEN -- TWELVE...Addison Marie Dougherty turned one today!  I never really appreciated how fast a year goes by until now.  I know my mom always says "it seemed like just yesterday you were..."  And now after having Addison, I totally understand what she means.

Today was all about Addison...we had no major plans, we just wanted to enjoy the day with our sweet Addison.  John didn't work so we woke Addison up together with our rendition of 'Happy Birthday' and made pancakes for breakfast.  Addison may have found a box of cookies and since it was 'her' day she convinced her dad to let her have a few before the pancakes were ready.




Addison was a huge fan of the pancakes...I think it was because I made them in the shape of A's and 1's in honor of the big day!



 

After lunch we went to the park and played for a bit.  Addison seemed to have a good time and we still made it home in time for our afternoon naps!  All three of us...my birthday present to myself was a nap this afternoon and it was wonderful ;)
 
 



 
The celebration continued as we met up with some friends and family for dinner...but no pictures, sorry!  Addison actually ate before we left but kept herself occupied by playing drums with our straws.
 
I'll do her 12 month update in the next day or 2 -- I didn't get around to taking her picture with the 12 month sticker yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment