Tuesday, April 8, 2014

20 Weeks & Counting

I can't believe we've hit the halfway mark of this pregnancy but we have...
 
We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and I'm very happy to report that the baby looks healthy!  John and I agreed not to find out the gender and had the ultrasound tech seal the gender pic in an envelop for us.  We signed the back of the envelope across the seal and hopefully our willpower will stay strong and we won't open it before d-day. 
 
 
I'm pretty confident John won't waiver but Addison is unknowingly doing her best to make me second guess our decision.  Every time she tells me she wants to buy the baby girl a princess dress I just want to know if we can go do it or not.  We'll see...but I figure even if she gets a little brother she is probably still going to dress him up in princess dresses so maybe it doesn't really matter :)
 
Speaking of big sister, she couldn't be more excited about the baby.  We waited to show her the ultrasound photos until John got home from work and just at the mention of the baby she requested to put on her big sis t-shirt.  And surprisingly she wasn't too thrown off by the ultrasound pictures.  I thought she might be confused because it wasn't going to look like the baby she had been imagining but once John pointed out the silhouette of the head, she totally got it.
 




 

2 comments:

  1. Book her a gig already! Addie girl should model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie girl is so happy that she is going to big a big sister!

    ReplyDelete