Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tales of Potty Training a Toddler

Last week we actually had an entire week with no planned activities so I put a line through the week on the calendar and put Addison in big girl panties!  And the rest is history...sort of!?

And after a week plus, I can honestly say that she is getting the hang of it and we've made good progress.  And that's something I didn't think I'd ever say last Monday....day 1 was rough!  We ran to the bathroom every 20 minutes yet she still managed to blow through 6 pairs of panties and 2 diapers.  Twenty minutes into potty training and I was already taking apart the highchair and washing every piece of it!  I spent a lot of quality time on the floor of the bathroom, read plenty of potty books and dished out countless mini M&Ms.

We had our ups and our downs...scratch that...we are still having our ups and downs.  But we are finally venturing out of the house and she staying dry.  I'm not ready to move her out of her crib, so I'm not even tackling naps and nighttime, yet.  And we still have to conquer going #2 on the toilet...but baby steps!  My big girl is wearing big girl panties during the day...and I'm happy with the progress she is making.





1 comment: