Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!

In just a week and a half the Made By ME kitchen has cranked out 27 dozen cookies -- YES! that is 324 cookies.

 
 
It started on June 5th when I began working on Curious George cookies for sweet Hannah's 4th birthday.  That order was for Saturday the 8th.
 
 
In between putting the finishing touches on the Curious George cookies I started on the next order....22 dozen cookies for a wedding in Milwaukee.  Yup that's right, in a moment of insanity I suppose I agreed to make a cookie for ever single guest at the Olsick/Kasper wedding.  I ended up spending the better part of Sunday the 9th and Monday the 10th frosting, piping and individually wrapping cookies for the wedding.  After I went to FedEx on Tuesday the 11th, Addison and I came home and both took naps...I needed it since I basically slept a combined total of 6 hours Sunday and Monday night.
 
 
 
 
My rest on Tuesday was  short lived because before Addison woke up from her nap I had to make one more batch of dough for my last order.  I had just a small order for a baby shower for pick-up on Friday the 14th.  I actually enjoyed doing something different and had time to do some detail work on them.
 
 
Lesson learned at the end of all of this...I can't do that many cookies by myself. John was a huge help with Addison and even helped package a lot of the wedding cookies but I don't think I will accept an order that big for awhile.  And next time I'll recruit some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment